Sunday 9 October 2011

Summer is over

And if the change of weather wasn’t enough of a reminder that Autumn and Winter are on their way….

nothing was more evident than the stock in my local Tescos.

Ok, it’s a fairly large store, but here’s what I saw in the aisles this morning:-

  A selection of sledges,


skis and poles, and in the background Ice Hockey sticks, 
                                                                                                                                                                and ice skates - not for ice rinks BUT for skating on ponds and lakes and rivers that get frozen over!!


I have to say that all this snow stuff is making me slightly nervous about the cold winter ahead ….








Luckily for us we arrived in Prague at the beginning of a month-long Indian summer, so that really helped psychologically – doors open, kids running outside, blue skies...

I was inspired with the hot weather and saw a trampoline on sale at the local DIY store and somehow managed to communicate that I wanted it, and got help packing it up into the car.  Of course the kids love it.

Hubby was in London so I brought along the dictionary for help as I also needed to buy a plunger, a plug for the sink and some stuff for painting the bench in the garden.

I also bought what I thought was white spirit for cleaning paint brushes, but it didn’t seem to be doing the job.  I asked our neighbour, in my best Czech, if he could help me – that’s when he told me or I understood it was something for the BBQ or fire, he gesticulated flames dancing in the air.

Ahhh, lighter fluid (luckily we weren't near any open flames!)... I think I should start my own dictionary.


No comments:

Post a Comment