Wednesday 5 October 2011

Czech Survival Kit

Today I opened my Czech survival kit.

It was a box of goodies prepared by a lovely group of London mum's, who thought in case of emergencies I might need:

Tea and marmite...

Kendal mint cake in case we get
stuck up a Czech mountain,

The Union Jack to hang outside
the front door to annoy the neighbours 

A shot glass in case times get desperate 

The British Embassy address and some 
useful phrases to pin to my coat
like this one
'I'm sorry I'm from England, and I do not understand a word you just said'

I wanted to add my own survival tips:-

Keep smiling and nodding yes, even though you haven’t got a clue what’s going on.

Don’t rely on google translate it can cause all sort of trouble.

Although one’s Czech may improve suddenly after 2 beers, be warned it rapidly goes downhill after a few shots of anything stronger ; )




No comments:

Post a Comment