Monday 12 September 2011

O Vikendu

At the weekend

The good thing about Prague is that it’s a small city, and it’s close to some really nice nature that’s relatively simple to get to.  Even for me.

I might be terrified of going to the school to pick up the kids, scared of bumping into my neighbours in case I have to try attempt to have a conversation, but I’m ok at driving around.  Thank god.  Otherwise I’d be going stir crazy alone without hubby, just me and the kids and the four walls, ahhhhhh.

As it was hot hot hot this week, the thermometer read 29 degrees we decided to get out of town and go swimming.

Being a land locked country, Czechs don’t do beaches, but they do the next best thing, they do lots (and I mean lots) of swimming in natural ponds, dams, pools and rivers.  The water is usually freezing and the so called ‘sandy’ bank tends to be a euphemism for mud, but the settings usually make up for it.

This was a pretty lake we went to about a 20 mile drive away.

It was kind of like a beach...


and...yes the water was cold!





It was very nice and I'm glad that I was brave enough to go there alone...but I definitely wasn't brave enough to try this section of the beach...

  I don't think it needs translating....


Czech's it seem don't have a problem baring all.  When I was researching pools online there were lots of family outdoor swimming pools and water parks.  I was looking into going into one of them - then to my surprise, this pop up opened up on a family-friendly website.


I'll translate this one...
Nature party
17th September from 8pm to 1130pm
Swim without swimming costumes, concessionary ticket (I'm not sure if that means you get a concession from having no costume on? or whether it means you need to buy a ticket to enter). 

Either way, this isn't something I've ever seen in the local baths back at home....!









1 comment:

  1. The swimming sounds lovely! Finns also have at least one public pool, in Helsinki, where there are special hours for naked swimming. But - the women and men get separate times :-)

    ReplyDelete