Thursday 15 December 2011

Creative, Crafty, Christmas...
















I'm tempted to lie and say I made these, and overnight I was transformed into this creative goddess, but I suppose it wouldn't be fair on the children.

Yes, they made them  - it was nothing to do with me....They did it all at school and yesterday we went to the 'christmas craft fair' where each class had produced a different selection of products to sell.

I have to say I was really impressed.







but I shouldn't be surprised, Czechs seem like quite a handy bunch...in fact I think Martha Stewart the American Queen of Home Making must have had some Czech in her.

Czech women have this gene that I swear Western women don't have - they can bake 100 different types of Christmas biscuits, make stunning home made decorations which they magically sprinkle about the house like fairies....(and talking about fairies they must have at least 5 cleaning ones working for them).

And then to add insult to injury, they themselves look immaculate, effortlessly groomed and quaffed.

It's just not possible.

It's just not bloody fair.

At the craft sale my son's teacher reminded me that they have a Christmas party next week and mums again can bake something to bring in, she quickly added, but if you don't bake you can bring some juice.

Now I have a dilemma.  Do I just bring in the juice? Or do I rise to the challenge, pinny on, rolling pin at the ready and show these Czech teachers just what they've been missing?

1 comment:

  1. ahahah! I spent two Xmas in Prague, and you just said it all in one post!

    ReplyDelete